Transporting Horses QLD NSW VIC SA TAS – It’s not what you do; it’s the way that you do it
Queensland Interstate Horse Transport has been operating for over 35 years and continues to maintain its reputation of being run by friendly, caring and trustworthy operators, well-skilled for the task of transporting it’s precious cargo to predictably arrive safe and sound every time, and all within a competitive price structure.
As a team we are passionate about the personal care of your horse in transit, and also about maintaining reliable follow-through.
With many years of experience in transporting horses as well as being a horse trainer and educator, owner driver Dan McCaul knows there are a number of important requirements for successful horse transport:
- The ‘horse knowledge’ and experience of those in charge
- Selective skill in driving a horse transporter as opposed to all other driving
- Adequate head movement and plenty of airflow/ventilation for all horses during transit
- Regular stops whereby the travelling horse is able to urinate and therefore be comfortable
- Regular checks on the condition of each and every horse in terms of safety, water, feed and rest.
- Good communication with the office and with all parties concerned.
Some of our clientele become concerned over sending their horse off in a large vehicle as opposed to the familiar family float, but it is a fact that floats can sometimes be oppressive and stuffy. We find horses tend to be cooler and more at ease in the roominess and good ventilation of a horse transporter. One of the most common appraisals we receive is that a much-loved horse has arrived and unloaded looking cool and totally unruffled by their journey. This is because we maintain the above important factors to the letter, confident that reactions such as travel sickness, dehydration, sweating and stress of any kind, are eliminated.
Dan’s calm and confident approach assures our clientele immediately that he is the right person for the job. A good horse handler has an air of instilling confidence at all times which horses pick up in an instant!